After an emergency call out to a blown fuse on the lighting circuit we found a burnt cupboard door, and a faulty circuit of course.
This door was so close to the faulty fuse that it burnt the paint works and the wood.
With this old type of fuse board the fuse wire explodes and this explosion forces the wire, molten material out through the top and bottom of the fuse holder as super high temperature. This burns anything close to it and has been know to be the cause of many electrical fires.
We recommended a fuse board upgrade so this would not happen again. Instead it would be contained within the MCB and would just be a case of flicking a switch. This saves you money on call outs and the inconvenience of being without lights. Spot the difference, after fusebox changed.